Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disc-priest healing (5-man)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elysia

Elysia

Disc-priest healing (5-man) Empty
PostSubject: Disc-priest healing (5-man)   Disc-priest healing (5-man) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:08 am

Ok, so I could use some ideas for good macros and other stuff in general that would be good to know.

Stuff to know about my choices as healer:
-I don't use Flash heal!
-I do use Renew a lot
-I don't want to change those two facts (unless I have to Wink)

I know that there will be totally different things to consider when we do 10-man raids again, but I'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now I just want to get a good feel of the healing game, so I can be a great (?) healer come Cata.

thanks

- Ely (Síf)
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Disc-priest healing (5-man)   Disc-priest healing (5-man) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:23 am

some macro suggestions:

/cast Inner Focus
/cast Divine Hymn

/target [insert high dps or yourself]
/cast Power Infusion
/targetlasttarget

/castsequence Hymn of Hope, Shadowfiend (so shadowfiend will benefit from the HoH, apperently - not too familiar with the actual mechanics)
Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

PostSubject: Re: Disc-priest healing (5-man)   Disc-priest healing (5-man) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:09 am

Questions:

What do you use as raidframe? (group frame in this instance Wink )
- I use Grid and I think I am somwhat capeable of configuring it.

Do you prefer mouseover macroes or just clicking your target and then the spell?
- Mouse over and I is like Doughnuts and Nutella.

About what spells you use, Flash Heal should only be used for topping of the tank or dps who took agro, discipline gives alot of boost to instant cast spell, i.e. Renew.

Also the basic Mouseover macro is

#showtooltip (enter spell name here if you cast an instant non gcd spell before like Inner Focus)
/cast [@mouseover,exists,help][@player] (Healing Spell here, replace with dispel, renew, shield etc)

This will heal your mouseover target OR yourself if you dont mouseover anything. If you want to add that it fx heals you target or targets target if you dont mouseover its also very doable. Just say so Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.larzian.dk
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Disc-priest healing (5-man)   Disc-priest healing (5-man) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:41 am

she is using SmartDeBuff, which is a frame-addon with configurable click, shift+click and alt+click integrated. We both prefer it to Grid, HealBot and whathaveya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disc-priest healing (5-man)   Disc-priest healing (5-man) Empty

Back to top Go down

Disc-priest healing (5-man)
Page 1 of 1