Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Orphya - Disc healer

Go down 
+4
Tenta
Wannabelf
Xathrina
unvincible
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

Orphya - Disc healer Empty
PostSubject: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 5:38 am

Going to try this spec, crit dependant and will hopefully be able to exploit the 5sr with a renew & shield & Aegis combo. Need to see how mana use is by running a few 5 mans, if it's bad then I can spend a few more in holy.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?priest=050320313050512240102523125123500003000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000&glyph=130506050603

Skipped Silent resolve for Imp inner fire as I dont think threat will be an issue and the SP bonus is great.

Hopefully the mitigation wont rage starve Xath or oom Tep.

Comments and critique please, only 2 days to test this out.

Will be putting together some gear focusing on crit, SP, int and spirit. Rapture should play a large part in my regen so guess that a bigger mana pool will benefit me more. Just wish we had someone with replenishment, will be leaving Unvi as frost to at least benefit from water ele. Means I have to teach Orphya how 2 gnome as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 8:18 am

Is there a reason for going deep disc instead of holy?
My noobness just would expect holy to outpeform disc.

Though looking through the talents, it seems quite alright, but stuff like the angel form, less mana usage and spirit increase goes lost.

@The rage loss, sholdnt be a problem unless its green mobs Smile Dunno about Tep, mister micro mana pool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.larzian.dk
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 8:45 am

Looking good imo. 8 secs of 40% dmg reduction during a spike phase is /win - just be ready to taunt if you're slacking on threat Razz
Back to top Go down
http://iesguild.omgforum.net
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 1:05 pm

@ Xath:

Disc Healer and Holy Palas are the best maintank healers in wotlk, at this point. It has a very strong healing-output on single target, compared to holy that is the weakest tank healers atm. Holy on the other hand is prob the best multiple-target healers, even moreso than shamans. But since tenta is strong on multiple targets and not so much on single target, this is prob his reason for going disc (ofc, being the godfather of healing he dared not dissobey my wishes).
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 3:23 pm

Tenta wrote:
@ Xath:

Disc Healer and Holy Palas are the best maintank healers in wotlk, at this point. It has a very strong healing-output on single target, compared to holy that is the weakest tank healers atm. Holy on the other hand is prob the best multiple-target healers, even moreso than shamans.

WE WANT NUMBERS AND/OR SOURCES!!!!
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Cruxhade wrote:
Tenta wrote:
@ Xath:

Disc Healer and Holy Palas are the best maintank healers in wotlk, at this point. It has a very strong healing-output on single target, compared to holy that is the weakest tank healers atm. Holy on the other hand is prob the best multiple-target healers, even moreso than shamans.

Numbers:
17, 3.14, 42, 69

Source:
Tenta wrote:
@ Xath:

Disc Healer and Holy Palas are the best maintank healers in wotlk, at this point.

Satisfied?
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:09 pm

not really
Back to top Go down
Elysia

Elysia

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 11:14 pm

HAHA! thats the kinda numbers I like, all the other stuff in the middle just makes me confused.

I'm trying Disc as well at the moment, lvling with holy was too much hastle so I decided I'd try Disc to get the feel of it while I lvl. Haven't decided on my 80 specc yet, but it might be a bit from both trees, We'll see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:12 am

Elysia wrote:
HAHA! thats the kinda numbers I like, all the other stuff in the middle just makes me confused.

I'm trying Disc as well at the moment, lvling with holy was too much hastle so I decided I'd try Disc to get the feel of it while I lvl. Haven't decided on my 80 specc yet, but it might be a bit from both trees, We'll see Very Happy

24 / 24 / 23 ftw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:52 am

I will have serious mana issues unless I get some more gear for weds. Most vital items to replace are Boots, cape and neck.

Preferably with spi/mp5 heavy items.

Still sitting at the 1350 SP mark so will try to boost that to 1500 as well using any Q rewards or gear I can find, also going to get some enchants done and use the 38mp5 flask.
Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:24 am

unvincible wrote:
I will have serious mana issues unless I get some more gear for weds. Most vital items to replace are Boots, cape and neck.

Still sitting at the 1350 SP mark so will try to boost that to 1500 as well using any Q rewards or gear I can find, also going to get some enchants done and use the 38mp5 flask.

As you being a quite big factor in our success I suggest we all help and please say if you need anything, mats and stuff, cause we all prob have some lying around. Frozen Orbs can be acquired later, cloth can be farmed, but I really us to be at our best to our first raid, so if you need anything Unvi, please say Smile.
(I constantly confuse myself, cause I think im writing to Orph. How are you two gonna sort this out in Naxx btw?)
Back to top Go down
Elysia

Elysia

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 3:11 am

I'm not maxed out in Alch yet unfortunatly but I am sure I have almost all mats for the flasks if you need anything.
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 3:45 am

Xathrina wrote:
unvincible wrote:

As you being a quite big factor in our success I suggest we all help and please say if you need anything, mats and stuff, cause we all prob have some lying around. Frozen Orbs can be acquired later, cloth can be farmed, but I really us to be at our best to our first raid, so if you need anything Unvi, please say Smile.
(I constantly confuse myself, cause I think im writing to Orph. How are you two gonna sort this out in Naxx btw?)

Honestly, I'm having a bit of trouble getting ready for this not just with gear but also learning to play a new class and MT heal a raid in a couple of days. Will do the best I can since without a healer there is no raid but will undoubtedly cause a wipe or 2, you have been warned.

Focused on other things so not had time to reread tactics, will require a briefing along with a warning when to expect spike dmg.

Will need some basic cheaper enchants for things like spirit, int and mp5 if anyone can help there.

Going to look up Q rewards, may ask for help with a group Q or normal instance run. No point relying on drops in such a tight timeframe.

Trying to do this without spending a fortune, picked up a few blues on the AH and might buy any more I can. May use some of the Gbank mats for +40SP enchant on mace if I dont have enough in my bank.

In Naxx Orphya will be on Unvi, apply EPGP to chars as normal. She will be a learner too using a frost spec (only source of mana regen we'll have apart from totems) and I'm deliberately keeping her rotations simplified, so dps will be lower than my normal.
Still thinking of Orphya as an offspec healer so any drops can be looked at that way since the only other clothies will be mages and a lock it shouldnt be hard to seperate items. This depends on if we want to marginally gear Orphy to heal for now, will not be rolling on dps gear for anyway.

Going to be a lot of pressure on Tenta as until I'm sure of my mana I'll probably completely ignore raid damage. Will need to talk with tanks as well so I can work out when they will be taking least damage to throw a shield/renew and use 5sr while precasting. So many buttons to push :p
Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 5:48 am

Unvincible wrote:
... so not had time to reread tactics.

I thought we weren't supposed to read tacs, since we wanted to try things our own way.
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 5:51 am

I have to say i have no regrets about healing with unvi (nor would i have orphya), u have a healing grid, prob some tasty macros - other than that its not that big of a deal to heal. I expect rough times in naxx, a lot of learning and wiping - but it'll be a learning and gearing process for all of us and i shant expect u to have any significant part in any wipes.

We have 4 other healing chars on the rise - Sif, Wannabelf, Revlon and Naomhan - so im just gunna enjoy my chance to have an out-of-the-ordinary partner in healing.
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 9:09 am

Cruxhade wrote:
Tenta wrote:
@ Xath:

sources? resto shaman and raidleader threads of elitistjerks.com

There is no official list, ofc, but from what i gather it would look something like this.

Raidleaders preferences:

Tank healers:
    1. holy pala
    2. disc priest

big gap

3/4. resto shaman / resto druid
    5. holy priest

Last edited by Tenta on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luthlet

Luthlet

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 9:16 am

Disc healer?

Orphya - Disc healer ProdukteDiscRepairBild
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 11:47 am

Tenta wrote:
Cruxhade wrote:
Tenta wrote:
@ Xath:

sources? resto shaman and raidleader threads of elitistjerks.com

There is no official list, ofc, but from what i gather it would look something like this.

Raidleaders preferences:

Tank healers:
    1. holy pala
    2. disc priest

big gap

3/4. resto shaman / resto druid
    5. holy priest

Well I've seen a lot of people saying other things, but that was all subjective opinions, so not being able to back it up still makes it vague even though you have it from EJ. Not saying i disagree, but it would just be nice to know that it isn't just some one who feels that way. My subjective opinion based purely on talents and itemization places the classes as follows in regards to MT healing:

1) Holy Pala
-=Small gap=-
2) Disc Priest/Resto Druid
-=Even smaller gap=-
3) Holy Priest/Resto Shaman

For raid healing:

Holy Priest/Resto Shaman/Resto Druid
-=Big Gap=-
Holy Paladin/Disc Priest

but most of the time such lists are utterly useless anyways, because class XX will be a tard while class YY will be brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Xathrina wrote:
Unvincible wrote:
... so not had time to reread tactics.

I thought we weren't supposed to read tacs, since we wanted to try things our own way.

This... So don't waste time on that Smile focus on your gear and consumables
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Feeling better about the raid.

Levelled alchemy to 440 so with mixology I'll get a 57 mp5 flask, this makes my regen 460/200ish before considering any other buffs.

Spell power is 1530 without any buffs.

about 14.5k mana.

Sorted out some macros.

Crit is only 13.5% and too much haste that I dont need (~11% with talents) but overall its a 500SP, 100mp5 in combat, 3k mana boost. Not shabby for 2 days work. Looking forward to Naxx.

Makes me feel really bad when I look at the shitty gear on Unvi though, poor l'il guy has been neglected.
Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 4:52 pm

Nice, I bet things are gonna go smooth tomorrow (smooth wipefest ftw) Very Happy cant wait
Back to top Go down
Tepisor

Tepisor

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 3:26 am

When I hear Priest healing first thing that comes to mind is http://www.worldofmatticus.com/

Take a look here http://www.worldofmatticus.com/category/world-of-warcraft/pve-healing/

He writes some good guides, including gearing your fresh 80 priest (gear, gems, enchants), how to heal as a priest, etc
Back to top Go down
http://itankstuff.com
Luthlet

Luthlet

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:48 am

What's the fun in trolling if nobody replies to you Mad
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:57 am

Luthiën wrote:

Poor Luth, I started typing a response but decided to keep this thread on topic since it is relevant.

In summary, GTFO!
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:19 am

Luthiën wrote:

cba to react to trolls. Especially not on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer Empty

Back to top Go down

Orphya - Disc healer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next