Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spot the wow evolutions!

Go down 
+2
Luthlet
Tenta
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenta

Tenta

Spot the wow evolutions! Empty
PostSubject: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:56 pm

In this thread u can post the new game mechanics u think will revolutionize a particular class, or the game as a whole in cataclysm. something innovative? something fun? or simply new for the sake of being new. post it here and discuss.
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:17 pm

Quote :
Mage

New Skills
Spell Description
Time Warp
85 Warp the flow of time, increasing melee, ranged, and spell casting speed by 30% for all party and raid members, as well as granting the casting mage 30% increased movement speed. Lasts 40 sec.
Allies receiving this effect will become Sated and be unable to benefit from Bloodlust or Time Warp again for 10 min.
26% of base mana, Instant cast, 5 min cooldown
reduces shaman utility significantly.

Quote :
•The Burnout talent will allow mages to cast spells using health when they run out of mana

fire mages will now be a pain to heal, since they will have no respect for their manabars as long as they have a healer along to push them through encounters when they run low. worst case scenario. somewhat like the lock mechanics.

Quote :
•Mana will be a bigger consideration for all healers. We aren't trying to make healing more painful; we're trying to make it more fun. When the cost of a spell isn't an issue, then casting the right spell for the job is less of an issue because you might as well just use your most powerful spell all of the time. We are, however, getting rid of the five-second rule, because we don't want to encourage standing around doing nothing. We're also going to cut back on the benefits of buffs such as Replenishment so priests (and all healers) don't feel as penalized when those buffs aren't available.

def no mp5 concerns atm, hopefully it will change.
Back to top Go down
Luthlet

Luthlet

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:55 pm

I think Focus will be one of the most serious changes Razz
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:30 pm

Tenta wrote:
Quote :
Mage

New Skills
Spell Description
Time Warp
85 Warp the flow of time, increasing melee, ranged, and spell casting speed by 30% for all party and raid members, as well as granting the casting mage 30% increased movement speed. Lasts 40 sec.
Allies receiving this effect will become Sated and be unable to benefit from Bloodlust or Time Warp again for 10 min.
26% of base mana, Instant cast, 5 min cooldown
reduces shaman utility significantly.

Means Shammies can't get away with being shit any more, best thing that could happen to the class. Since they are the only ones to provide a "required" buff it means raids are often held up while a shaman is found. Also means they are considered "balanced" since they are represented in every raid (not saying they are not atm but historically this has not been the case).
Less - "LFM shammy, last spot, any spec, GS dosnt matter" and more - "Now shammies dont have that unique buff that everyone needs on every fight we should give them some cool new spells".

Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Wow evolution!!! I will wear red pants!
Back to top Go down
http://www.larzian.dk
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:41 am

Warlocks are getting green fire.... =O!
Back to top Go down
http://iesguild.omgforum.net
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:12 am

Tenta wrote:

Quote :
•The Burnout talent will allow mages to cast spells using health when they run out of mana

fire mages will now be a pain to heal, since they will have no respect for their manabars as long as they have a healer along to push them through encounters when they run low. worst case scenario. somewhat like the lock mechanics.

If a fire mage ignores the mana of the healers in cataclysm it should be a straight gkick. Seems like healers with regularly oom in cata (which i think is game breaking for healers compared to LK).
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:45 am

Endelar wrote:
Tenta wrote:

Quote :

If a fire mage ignores the mana of the healers in cataclysm it should be a straight gkick. Seems like healers with regularly oom in cata (which i think is game breaking for healers compared to LK).

from what i've read mana will now be an issue for healers, which hardly is the case atm. making it less important to consider spell choice, since mana concers are not in the equation. As i see it the new mana restrictions will revitalize healing, not break it.
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:52 am

Don't think Endelar meant, that the game was broken for healers in Cata. Only that managing ones mana would now be a gamebreaking issue - just as well as managing ones threat as a DPS should be. Healing will be a completely different ballgame compared to WotLK. I loved healing on Melpo when i had to manage holy concentration procs during the 5SR in TBC.
Back to top Go down
Luthlet

Luthlet

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:33 am

I'd like to see how mana holds up in arena in cata. Priests were about the only class I could drive into a corner in arena because they can't dispel my mana drain. Paladins just never go OOM and druids innervate every time their mana goes below 98%. Shamans usually dont have any trouble keeping their mana up either.

Will be interesting to see how it works in Cata.
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:59 am

Wannabelf wrote:
Don't think Endelar meant, that the game was broken for healers in Cata. Only that managing ones mana would now be a gamebreaking issue - just as well as managing ones threat as a DPS should be. Healing will be a completely different ballgame compared to WotLK. I loved healing on Melpo when i had to manage holy concentration procs during the 5SR in TBC.

seems i misunderstood then.
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:52 am

Wannabelf wrote:

This

I think its an awesome change and its the only thing that makes me consider going healer as main. I would never dream of it with the current healer status mana wise Razz If i have to spam abilities without thought of resources i might as well be a dpser and pwn the meters :p
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:22 pm

Luthlet wrote:

why?
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 pm

Guild Perk - Cash Flow
10% of gold looted from enemies are directly deposited to guild bank. with all the alt whores and the many raids we will run, this means our bank will be boasting and bountiful in no time.
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:42 am

Tenta wrote:
Luthlet wrote:

why?

I think for hunters its pretty evident that it will completely change their playing style as they now resemble a rogue alot more than a mage.
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:22 am

Quote :
Everyone's a Hero: Increases Heroism points gained by 10%.

Everyone's a Hero

Does any1 know what this is about? It's one of the guild perks
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:30 am

Endelar wrote:
Quote :
Everyone's a Hero: Increases Heroism points gained by 10%.

Everyone's a Hero

Does any1 know what this is about? It's one of the guild perks

Hero and Valor points are supposed to replace the current emblem system. Maybe this is it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spot the wow evolutions!   Spot the wow evolutions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Spot the wow evolutions!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Incursio Ergo Sum :: Non-members :: Character Optimization-
Jump to: