Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new spec

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Enéa

Enéa

new spec Empty
PostSubject: new spec   new spec EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 pm

right so i need a new spec for anub 25man hc.

i need
-massive aoe damage for p1
-to be able to kite and not get hit in p2
-crazy single target damage in p3

any suggestions?

i was thinking this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#oZbAc0RuouVurhstMIfcoc

/enea
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

new spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: new spec   new spec EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:29 pm

im thinking this: here

But the question is if taking full Frostbite + 1/3 imp blizzard + shatter will make your blizzard have a 15% chance to freeze all the adds (and anub perhaps?) and give you 50% crit chance for the next 5 secs or if they are immune to that. And if its even worth it?
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

new spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: new spec   new spec EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:18 am

/unvibump
Back to top Go down
Elysia

Elysia

new spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: new spec   new spec EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:58 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#oZ0gcbRhGuVubGsxhIchoc

This would be my take on it, then you could use fire for the aoe and the single target dmg, and use (ofc) frost for kiting, I've never been good at kiting myself really, so maybe the frost talents should be placed differently though I'd say Permafrost is essential.
About the Aoe, I'd use a flamestrike first (to let the tank get some aggro) then Blastwave (remebering to have the glyph to avoid push back effect) - instant Flamestrike- Dragonsbreath- Instant Flamestrike- throw in a blizzard or Arcane explosion untill Blastwave is ready again.
Single target should be obvious Very Happy
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

new spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: new spec   new spec EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Endelar wrote:
im thinking this: here

But the question is if taking full Frostbite + 1/3 imp blizzard + shatter will make your blizzard have a 15% chance to freeze all the adds (and anub perhaps?) and give you 50% crit chance for the next 5 secs or if they are immune to that. And if its even worth it?

I think your spec is probably the best, assume you are looking at FFB and blizzard aoe with LB spam.

Dont know the encounter and if you are kiting several mobs or one, this spec assumes several. Also assumes that mana and threat are not issues, also cant remember if Burning Soul reduces FFB threat.
This spec is tailored for the situation, not a general all purpose spec.

Spec

No points in frostbite if you are kiting multiple mobs as that can seperate them and only boosts damage if you spec shatter. Instead went for Blizz chilling and slowing for more. Unglyphed BW as an emergency button.
Keep rank 1 FB bound as well for snare.

If you are only kiting 1 mob then Endes spec is better and leaves you with plenty of tools. Only change is in removing the 2 points in Fiery Payback which are useless in a raid, switch to Permafrost for easier kiting.
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

new spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: new spec   new spec EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Looks nice.

We actually took the Fiery Payback for this encounter specifically because you spend all the time in p3 (boss at 30% and below) with less than 20% hp so the reduced cast time on pyro might be very effective. So you could do something like a FFB, FFB, pyro, FFB, FFB, pyro rotation or something.
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

new spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: new spec   new spec EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 7:40 am

right so i tried out some ffb spec, but i dont really do much damage with it, so i think ill just play with my old arcane spec and rely on everybody else to not fuck up, but thanks for the help. dont think we are getting anytime soon anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: new spec   new spec Empty

Back to top Go down

new spec
Page 1 of 1