Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's your GCD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

What's your GCD Empty
PostSubject: What's your GCD   What's your GCD EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:46 am

Posting this so anyone can test their GCD and for my own reference. Pirated from some random macro page.

/cast SpellName
/script local start, duration, enable = GetActionCooldown(4);DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(duration);

Change SpellName to whatever instant cast you want and test it.

Should be interesting for rogues, druid hots, disc priest instants used after shield and any others skills with bonus haste etc.

I want to test Unvi since I stack haste and have many buffs/trinket procs that change my haste value plus spamming instants is the only way to pvp.

Remember that GCD has a 1.0 second maximum reduction from 1.5s baseline.

Anyone know if rogues still have a 1.0s GCD and if it is affected by haste (SnD)?
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

What's your GCD Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your GCD   What's your GCD EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:08 pm

late replier but better than never Smile

haste doesn't benefit GCD and yep, quite sure rogues still have 1 sec CD.
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

What's your GCD Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your GCD   What's your GCD EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 12:56 am

Haste does affect the GCD, it can be reduced to 1s maximum.
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

What's your GCD Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your GCD   What's your GCD EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:54 am

unvincible wrote:
Haste does affect the GCD, it can be reduced to 1s maximum.

sry i wasn't clear enough, i was refering the rogue's GCD and melee GCD in general. Haste only affects spell GCD

It can really be seen on DKs, that have both melee (unaffected) attacks and spell (affected attacks). So with haste you have a shorter GCD when using Icy touch, blood boil, death coil and the like, than when using blood strike or obliterate etc. Some time back there were some DW rotations that relied on this fact, stacking haste and using blood boil instead of blood strike to get the reduced GCD effect (back when BS was crap dmg anyway).
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

What's your GCD Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your GCD   What's your GCD EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:33 am

Ahhh it all becomes clear Smile

I take it that UH prescence reduces both melee and spell GCDs? Should know this but unlike every other class I've played I havent read any DK theorycrafting yet. Seems to be nicely balanced with faceroll accessibility and complex depth for performance (plus you get pet, plate and healz).

Sucks that spell GCD caps at 1s, those 0.4s channelled arcane missiles on Malygos would become mildly better.

Completely changing topic, will DW DKs be at all viable again in 3.2?
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

What's your GCD Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your GCD   What's your GCD EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:12 am

unvincible wrote:
Ahhh it all becomes clear Smile

I take it that UH prescence reduces both melee and spell GCDs? Should know this but unlike every other class I've played I havent read any DK theorycrafting yet. Seems to be nicely balanced with faceroll accessibility and complex depth for performance (plus you get pet, plate and healz).

Sucks that spell GCD caps at 1s, those 0.4s channelled arcane missiles on Malygos would become mildly better.

Completely changing topic, will DW DKs be at all viable again in 3.2?

yep UP reduces GCD for all attacks to 1sec.

and yep DW is very viable in 3.2 in the sense that it is the only viable frost spec so if you want Imp Icy Talons in your raid you bring a DW frost dk. They nerfed 2h frost to the ground to balance DW (which kinda annoys me as i prefer 2h, but its understandable that its complex to balance) and DW seems currently to be on par with blood and unholy 2hand specs.
Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

What's your GCD Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your GCD   What's your GCD EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:06 am

Unvi, do you still want us to do the script thingy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.larzian.dk
Sponsored content

What's your GCD Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your GCD   What's your GCD Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your GCD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Incursio Ergo Sum :: Non-members :: UI and Macros-
Jump to: