Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation

Go down 
+2
Wannabelf
Tenta
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenta

Tenta

a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation Empty
PostSubject: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:31 am

Quote :
Q: So do u miss wow?
A: Obviously, especially the chats and flower picking.

Quote :
Q: Any thoughts on going PvP to maybe play a bit with Luth and Unvi and the rest of the pvp slackerwankers?
A: Actually yes, i would like that. I know that Tenta got inspired to do some BGs after watching '300' cuz he feels that the spartan idea of the phalanx-fighting style is similar of that of <IES> BG groups. Fight together, die together. I, on the other hand, have no such feeling. The little PvP experience i have is rusty, so i'd definately need some help

Quote :
Q: What kind of help would u be requirrering?
A: Well, i wont BG if there is no one to BG with, so if ppl would like to go with me when im online, that would be excellent. But, there is something ppl can do to help me if they want. I'd like some suggestions on a decent pvp spec, frost prefferebly.
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:12 am

WEEE ELY IS COMING BACK! I KNOW IT!
Back to top Go down
http://iesguild.omgforum.net
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:39 am

tentas suggestion: all in frost, go go!
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:09 pm

My suggestion, but I have no clue. Waiting for unvi to step in :O
Back to top Go down
http://iesguild.omgforum.net
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:46 pm

So glad to hear you might be coming back on Ely

Tenta wrote:
tentas suggestion: all in frost, go go!

This is why we keep Tenta away from mages.

Here is an actual frost spec (the one I use on Unvi) - MEGALINK

You'll need to get used to instant death and being squished a lot.

Frost has good survivability but for BGs although Arcane can do well too, you get some extra escapes like instant invisibility and can actually nuke without needing cast times.

Frost
- better survivability, great control, pets to help win duels, huge burst potential.
- low damage without set ups first, in BGs everyone breaks your snares, cant kill healers, low dps on defence

Beats - Rogues, Warrs, Rets, better chance against hunters, can duel anyone
Loses to - cant kill healers,

Arcane
- Great for BGs, massive on demand nukage, can kill healers, invis is great, lots of evocate heals, anti caster, great mobility, can attack while defending
- Squishy, struggles against multiple enemies, people think it's a faceroll spec (Les LOLS)

Beats - Healers (not druids), casters, rets
Loses to - Rogues, hunters

Fire
- Massive on demand aoe nukage and control (Fblast -> BW -> scorch -> FS -> DB -> fireball -> FS), has knockback which is always amusing in BGs, FIRE PEW PEW, looks fun, fights last 10 seconds, defence is attacking
- You either kill fast or die, squishiest spec in the game, only works in BGs, totally dependent on short CDs, needs supporting players, fights last 10 seconds

Kills - a few people at the same time, undergeared players
Loses to - everyone unless you kill them first, geared players

Please come back Ely, I really miss playing with you and 95% of mages now play like monkeys in dresses
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Wannabelf wrote:
My suggestion, but I have no clue. Waiting for unvi to step in :O

Decent spec mate but I prefer mine.

- Fingers of Frost is almost the most important talent in frost
- 1 point in Enduring Winter and Imp Blizzard gives a huge amount of utility. Arctic winds is fantastic though
- instead of 3/3 Spell Impact I prefer 2/5 Arcane Concentration and Focus magic, when I am kiting and spamming IL I can fish for procs then use CoC (it costs so much mana) and the damage bonus is about the same or greater
Back to top Go down
Luthlet

Luthlet

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Quote :
Well, i wont BG if there is no one to BG with, so if ppl would like to go with me when im online, that would be excellent.´

You have my sword.
Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyWed May 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Luthiën wrote:
You have my sword.

And my axe (I do actually use 2h axe in pvp, but I still think its in the lotr spirit)
Back to top Go down
http://www.larzian.dk
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:06 am

Xathrina wrote:
Luthiën wrote:
You have my sword.

And my axe (I do actually use 2h axe in pvp, but I still think its in the lotr spirit)

And my Off Hand that looks like a handbag
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:57 am

Here is a fire BG spec that I'll try out soon, requires being in melee range quite a lot so relies on proper use of FN, CoC, DB, BW to set up the insane nukage. Plus it offers the RNG prospect of reflecting 35% of chaos bolts, lava bursts and possibly CoI.
Some scorch sniping followed by a big nuke combo train, shatters and all the pyros I can proc.
With perfect timing, all CDs, a bit of luck and some help this spec could get a tree to under 50% health before going oom.

Fire spec

Has the survival prospects of a bunch of gay pandas in a zoo but like those extinction threatened mammals at least it will be fun while it lasts.

Think I'll save this spec for times that Tep is there to keep me alive.
Back to top Go down
Luthlet

Luthlet

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:35 am

Woot fire pvp!

You could be as great as this man:

Back to top Go down
Elysia

Elysia

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:54 pm

I went with the frost specc, man I forgot how fun it is to be frost. I switched to fire way back when, to do more dps and somehow I totally forgot what imbaness frost has to offer!
can't wait to try out some pvp (never thought I'd say that Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:38 pm

a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation Bild0110
Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:53 pm

lol Im scared Shocked !
Back to top Go down
http://www.larzian.dk
Elysia

Elysia

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyThu May 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMG, I look insane...
Back to top Go down
Elysia

Elysia

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:56 am

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage#_7o4Jd3XMuil_,dbtOq-,10554

What do you guys think of this specc?
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 12:06 pm

Looks like a fun spec for heroics with the aoe spells you have, especially in the next patch when the instant flamestrikes are free.

Lacks Torment of the weak and arcane meditation so you lose about 10% damage in raids and a lot of your mana regen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation   a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation Empty

Back to top Go down

a Q&A on Elysia, and her current WoW situation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Incursio Ergo Sum :: Non-members :: Character Optimization-
Jump to: