Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS Empty
PostSubject: Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS   Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 1:09 am

For those who haven't found out there will be training dummies standing in various cities in WotLK. Depending on which dummy you choose it'll have trash stats or boss stats. I'm not sure if they were added in 3.0.2 already, as I've seen several people talking about them. I'll check it out as soon as I'm able. I can't wait to practise whatever rotations I'll be using over and over again. Now we just need simulations set up for healers and tanks as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://iesguild.omgforum.net
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS   Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:11 am

update: they're here. Found some in the hallway leading from the military ward in IF to the great forge. There are bound to some elswhere as well Smile Now go practise xD
Back to top Go down
http://iesguild.omgforum.net
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS   Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:20 am

I tried the lvl 70 one with tentas new elemental spec, and i was able to maintain a DPS of 1340 (nearly 1337) with a cycle of CL - FS - LB - CL - LB - LB (repeat). I dunno wether that gives a realistic picture of how my raid dps would be, but atleast its fun to try out - and a great way to practice your DPS cycles.
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS   Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 6:04 am

Tried to use them and find a good arcane rotation but tbh it's hard to find something clearcut.

For burst my damage passes insane though, but can be proc and CD dependent.

With Slow, AP, trinket, Missile proc and clearcasting proc my arcane missiles hit for 2.3k/tick when they crit (have about 55% crit chance with proc) and the spell casts in 2.25 seconds. It's not uncommon for all 5 to crit or at least 4 of them.

2300 * 5 = 11500 / 2.25 = 5111 dps

with slow, PoM/AP/trinket AB, ABr, AM combo I have hit for over 20k in less than 7 seconds with only 1 cast time spell but this depended on crits (55% for AB, 30% for ABr and AM unless Clearcast procs then they get +30%) and getting the missile proc (40% chance). This was on a 67 elite in Nagrand but I also killed a BE Pally the same way, sadly they ran out of hp before I could reach 20k again.

ABr can crit over 5k with AP, about 4k normally

Because of the speed I go oom each test was giving very varied results in dps entirely dependent on procs. Ranged from 900 - 1600dps over a mana pool based cast time.

Arc is pretty sweet for fun and feels really magey especially since I still die in 2-3 hits, finally got the cannon part to go with the glass build I always wanted.
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

PostSubject: Re: Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS   Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:01 am

i did OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

PostSubject: Re: Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS   Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:31 am

unvincible wrote:
(...)
Arc is pretty sweet for fun and feels really magey especially since I still die in 2-3 hits, finally got the cannon part to go with the glass build I always wanted.

... and he lived happily ever after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS   Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS Empty

Back to top Go down

Practising Rotations and Benchmarking DPS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Incursio Ergo Sum :: Non-members :: Character Optimization-
Jump to: