Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EPGP continued

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

EPGP continued - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPGP continued   EPGP continued - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 3:18 pm

As you know we have a 2 days a week attendance requirement. When we have raids all 4 days that equals a 50% attendance. We need to sort out a few things about our ranks tho. Should nonraider/raider be directly linked to this attendance? So if you're below 50% attendance you get demoted and if you're above you get promoted?

Also, how should we meassure attendance? I've only been able to come up with 2 ideas:
1) We manually note everyone who attends each raid in a spreadsheet and calculate their attendance from that
2) We use EP to roughly meassure a player's attendance. This could be done by seeing their EP% of the maxEP available.

The last solution, however, does not meassure actual attendance tho, but more an indication of how active the player has been lately. Also each raid does not award equal EP so attending some raids may award alot more than others with respect to this "attendance". Management-wise it's alot easier than the other tho, and it may be more useful? I mean, since it displays activity lately I'd say it reflects more what we look for in active raiders than some overall raid attendance% since joining date.

Another thing that is not directly connected to attendance, but in some way is anyway (explained later) is how to choose who is invited for raids. I see 3 options here:
1) We pick the 10 best everytime. Not a fan of this as it means that your raid force within a few months is reduced to these 10 ppl and when some of these can't come you can't raid.
2) A round-robin system where we make sure everyone get an equal share of raiding, so that you will eg always be invited to 2 raids a week if at all possible (that is, if you sign for 2).
3) We use attendance to decide who gets invited. This way we make sure that the people that contribute the most to our progress gets prio on raids. If this is to be used, see below

If attendance is to be used for either raid invites or for raider/nonraider status it shouldn't be awarded to only the 10 people that got invited. This would mean that the 10 people that gets invited gets the attendance which means that next time they have more attendance than the others so get in again and so on. We would have to either award attendance and/or EP (depending on our solution) to everyone that signs up or to everyone who is available.
A suggestion for a solution for this is to use a bench. If you sign up for a raid and is ready for a raid invite but is not invited you can get benched, which means that you will get attendance and EP as if you were in the raid but will not be in the instance. Instead you can level and alt, farm, pvp or whatever as long as you're available to the raid if you're needed and can be at the instance max 5 mins after requested, without getting a summon.
The problem with a bench is that we most of the time (especially come dual spec) we won't need to switch any players at all unless some emergency comes up and someone has to leave. So we wouldn't really use the players on the bench which may make it seem like some beurocratic solution...

/discuss
Back to top Go down

EPGP continued
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Incursio Ergo Sum :: Non-members :: Information-
Jump to: