Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New talent trees

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xathrina

Xathrina

New talent trees Empty
PostSubject: New talent trees   New talent trees EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:39 am

So they released the 31 new talent trees.

Just made a build, no idea what it will be like, but there are some fun talents mostly about aoe tanking though.

WoW Tal Warrior Prot Build

Feel like posting other class / role trees here for discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.larzian.dk
Tenta

Tenta

New talent trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: New talent trees   New talent trees EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:53 am

could someone explain in detail what this is about, these new small trees?
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

New talent trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: New talent trees   New talent trees EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:20 am

Blizzard felt that the current huge trees (70+ talents in each tree) contained way too many trivial talents such as 1/2/3/4/5 % crit which were either mandatory or useless. Additionally they felt that there were way too many possible builds that made no sense to make and 1-2 builds that were clearly the best. Lastly they want to kill cross-speccing such as 39/10/22 where you never reach the top talent of your tree, as these specs were never meant to be. To make talents more interesting and less "this is the only good build" they cut away all of the mandatory talents or boring talents and reduced the number of talents you have to place. This should make it more interesting to make a build and allow you more freedom as you dont have to spend points on these mandatory talents.

The effect of these mandatory talents will be given automatically when choosing your specialization which is the talent tree you position your first talent point in. Once you have placed this talent point you must put 31 talents in that tree before you can go into other trees for the last 10 points (yes you will only have 41 talents now). So if you put your first talent point in the restoration tree you must spend your next 30 points in restoration as well and you will automatically receive whatever passive bonuses they have removed from talents and placed as passive bonuses for the tree. This could e.g. be Earth Shield or +5% crit on heals or whatever.
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

New talent trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: New talent trees   New talent trees EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:37 am

Tenta wrote:

Bonsai
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

New talent trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: New talent trees   New talent trees EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:51 am

Thanks Michael, at first glance this seem like a clever move. a bit back to basics.

unvincible wrote:
Tenta wrote:

Bonsai

you read first, here, on IES forums.
Back to top Go down
Tenta

Tenta

New talent trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: New talent trees   New talent trees EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 am

Resto, heroics
Back to top Go down
Luthlet

Luthlet

New talent trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: New talent trees   New talent trees EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:25 pm

unvincible wrote:
Tenta wrote:

Bonsai

Win.

Marksmanship PvE

Survival PvE
(Notice how hunters dont use Mana anymore, and they still have replenishment? Wtf)

Marksmanship PvP
(cant really be sure about this until i hit 85 and test out pvp for real, but this seems a good start)
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

New talent trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: New talent trees   New talent trees EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:29 pm

If i go with Endelar as my main:
Frost 2hand build Frost 2hand has always been my fav build. Shame they killed it after ulduar.

Unholy Now with Anti Magic Zone for raid utility

If i go with Druid as my main:
Resto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New talent trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: New talent trees   New talent trees Empty

Back to top Go down

New talent trees
Page 1 of 1