Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inscibers!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:29 am

I'm gonna get myself a Darkmoon Card: Greatness, as even tho Ulduar has just come out it's still BiS trinket from rogues. Now, first of all, is there a CD on the craft? Wowhead says there isn't but I just thought I'd check. If there is I'd like to know who isn't using their CD - otherwise I'll catch you in game
Back to top Go down
http://iesguild.omgforum.net
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:40 am

There isnt. It's just expensive as hell to make the cards. I dont mind making em for you tho if you bring me the mats.

Oh and of course the random factor (which card you get) which can make it very frustrating to make Razz
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:04 am

When I made Eroots trinket it took me 11 cards.

Got 2xAce, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 of Nobles, sold the spare ace for 2k and bought the 7 for 1k.

Think that was my best RNG streak ever, I even made a profit making it after selling the other 3 cards and that was when they were most expensive. Smile

I'll help you out mate but give me warning if you need stacks of herbs milled as Unpossibles bags are full and I have 100+ glyphs on the AH right now.

5 Northrend herbs per milling, on average 8-10 ink of the sea pigment and 1-2 snowfall ink pigment per stack.
2 pigment per ink.
Can also turn in 10 ink of the sea to the dalaran trainer for 1 snowfall ink

Mats per card:
3 Ink of the sea
6 Snowfall Ink
3 Eternal life
1 Resilient parchment (42s each)

I have heard that there is a smaller chance of getting Snowfall pigment from Icethorn and Kassandras Rose but I milled 20 stacks of icethorn last night (380g) and got enough to make 30 snowfall ink. Possibly a lucky streak

No CD on making the cards but only 25% chance of getting a Noble, once you have 8 nobles it is easy to swap them with others in the same position.

Also if anyone gets a Book of Glyph mastery random drop I'm in the market to buy them.
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:14 pm

got 14 stacks or so milled by endelol earlier which barely got me 3 cards and none of em was nobles... i give up. At least untill i have a herbalist to farm the herbs myself
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 3:48 am

Not what you want to hear but you can do this much cheaper if you get the herbs over a week.

Dont buy directly from the AH, instead see who sells loads of cheap stacks per day and contact them, usually they are farmers who want fast cash. Offer to buy all their herbs for 10-20% less than the (cheap) AH price they list for, say that this only eliminates the cut the AH takes anyway so nobody loses. If you agree to buy all their herbs for a given week (always set a limit in case they have thousands) then you can get a great deal and make more gold per hour doing something else than you end up spending. Lots of farmers have tons of stacks in their banks but cant sell it all at once in case it floods the market. They are normally happy to sell it all up front for a huge discount instead of selling a little each day and knowing they have a guaranteed sale for a guaranteed price.

Small tip if you want to negotiate a better deal, use an alt to undercut their auctions before offering to buy their herbs. It puts them in a weaker position

Employing people in the game is fun and can have great returns if you are prepared to do a bit more work. Farmers are not as common as they were in BC since gold is easy to get for casuals but there are still loads out there who enjoy herbing/mining/fishing etc. Locate and exploit these people (they will probably have more gold than you though).

TL; DR - find a farmer and employ them, offer to buy their stock cheaper than AH price.

Option 2 - Buy cheap nobles cards (seen loads for 400-600g) buy any 8 and then trade them with others for the card you need. People are looking to trade all the time so this is easy but again requires patience.

Deals done in trade are cheaper than the AH.
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:25 am

Thanks a bunch mate, this really helps alot. I'll look around a bit, but option 2 seems like the one I'll be most likely to go for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:58 am

Wannabelf wrote:
Thanks a bunch mate, this really helps alot. I'll look around a bit, but option 2 seems like the one I'll be most likely to go for Very Happy

No worries mate although I still think you should recruit an army of farmers and slaves. Train them in the ways of pvp and then attack the roman army.

I'M SPARTACUS!

NO I'M SPARTACUS!!!

I get to go home in a few minutes which is good because I am going crazy here.

Possible option for making loads of gold is to level your other alts and then quest on them, can get 5k getting to 80 and another 5k easily by doing the other quests. Do you have any alts.....?
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 pm

lol yea I've been thinking about lvling as well... dunno if i do have any alts tho.... :O
Back to top Go down
Luthlet

Luthlet

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Wannabelf wrote:
lol yea I've been thinking about lvling as well... dunno if i do have any alts tho.... :O

i chuckled
Back to top Go down
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 2:47 am

unvincible wrote:

Also if anyone gets a Book of Glyph mastery random drop I'm in the market to buy them.

same Smile
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 3:47 am

Endelar wrote:
unvincible wrote:

same Smile

Got one yesterday, learned Glyph of Life Tap Smile
Back to top Go down
Tepisor

Tepisor

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 4:21 am

Gimme a nudge when any of you get of Divine Plea, of Exorcism or of Hammer of the Righteous flower
Back to top Go down
http://itankstuff.com
Sponsored content

Inscibers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inscibers!   Inscibers! Empty

Back to top Go down

Inscibers!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Incursio Ergo Sum :: Non-members :: Character Optimization-
Jump to: