Incursio Ergo Sum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incursio Ergo Sum - A World of Warcraft raiding guild!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Orphya - Disc healer

Go down 
+4
Tenta
Wannabelf
Xathrina
unvincible
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tenta

Tenta

Orphya - Disc healer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 10:43 am

lol, luth out-clevered both unvi and crux there and made them do excactly what they didnt want to do - encourage his trolling through replying to his threads. Well done luth.

btw, i found the disc healer pic very funny. (obviously i just made the same mistake as crux and unvi now, but i laughed in RL when i saw it.)
Back to top Go down
Elysia

Elysia

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:26 pm

Back on topic:

How did it go yesterday Unvi? were you satisfied with the specc? and what about you Orphy, did you enjoy mage-life or are you looking forward to beeing able to dps on Orphy again?
Back to top Go down
unvincible
Admin
unvincible

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 3:02 am

Elysia wrote:
Back on topic:

How did it go yesterday Unvi? were you satisfied with the specc? and what about you Orphy, did you enjoy mage-life or are you looking forward to beeing able to dps on Orphy again?

It was interesting and very weird to put into practice all the raid healing techniques that I had only read about and never tried. Pennance > shield > flash > renew, were great for topping xath up and giving me a few seconds to regen. At one point I went about 9 secs without casting which is either good or bad on my part but at the time there wasnt much raid damage to help with. At times I was thinking more about my mana than actually healing which is a L2P issue.

I found a groove and got used to it but struggled when there was spike damage or at the enrages, on a lot of casts I made the wrong choice of heal and knew it straight away. Will take a lot more experience for me to become a decent healer anywhere near the standards of Rev, Tenta, Mel & Sif Wink

Disc seems like a good specc and Pain Suppression got us through a lot of enrages or provided an amazing "OH SHIT" button. I think that "grace", the -3% damage taken disc provides was overwritten by Teps BoS so I lost a lot of utility.
No idea how it compares to Holy as I've never tried it but pennance is absolutely amazing and incredibly mana efficient. Can crit 3 times to provide 3 shields, stacks grace to max in 1 cast and with the 25% haste from casting a shield it can heal 10k in about a second.
Back to top Go down
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:18 am

Tenta wrote:
lol, luth out-clevered both unvi and crux there and made them do excactly what they didnt want to do - encourage his trolling through replying to his threads. Well done luth.

btw, i found the disc healer pic very funny. (obviously i just made the same mistake as crux and unvi now, but i laughed in RL when i saw it.)

Wrong. Luth's second brilliant input to this thread was off-topic yes, but not trolling Razz

Edit: This thread made by you though is trolling, so i guess you got me anyway
Back to top Go down
http://iesguild.omgforum.net
Wannabelf
Admin
Wannabelf

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:41 am

Cruxhade wrote:

For raid healing:

Holy Priest/Resto Shaman/Resto Druid
-=Big Gap=-
Holy Paladin/Disc Priest

Can now be changed to:

Resto Shaman
-=Big Big Big Gap=-
Holy Priest/Resto Druid
-=Big Gap=-
Holy Paladin/Disc Priest

6 second CDs were added to both Wild Growth and Circle of healing. So Shamans are kings of AoE healing once again =)
Back to top Go down
http://iesguild.omgforum.net
Tepisor

Tepisor

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 am

Necrothread!

I was looking at the talent calculator for Cata on Wowhead and came up with

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#bVhrhGhckhR0cZcE0Ic0o000000M

for disc priest healing.

Notice the role Smite will have, looks interesting.

Edit: meh, it's fucked when trying to link the build. Cant fix it.
Back to top Go down
http://itankstuff.com
Endelar
Admin
Endelar

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:04 pm

I read a blue post somewhere saying that the Archangel thing was meant as a way for disc to have something to do when healing wasnt that intensive, but when doing heavy progress where healing was very needed one would probably spec into "real" healing talents. I really hope this isn't the case as the Archangel looks awesome and can make healing very interesting
Back to top Go down
Xathrina

Xathrina

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:22 pm

I have Pinky as avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.larzian.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orphya - Disc healer   Orphya - Disc healer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Orphya - Disc healer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2